Feb. 13, 2023
28: Rohit Nambiar- Group CEO of Tune Protect on Partnerships, Transformation and Culture.
In our first episode of #FSBrewInternational for 2023, we speak with the passionate and exuberant, Rohit Nambiar, Group CEO of Tune Protect, based in KL Malaysia!
This interview was a playbook on how to run an insurance company that is 'fit-for-purpose' in all aspects- customer, employee, business strategy, culture, partnerships...you name it, Rohit had clear views on what it takes to run a successful D2C and a parallel, flourishing B2B components of the business!
Some of the things we've spoken in length are:
- Tune Protect's Business model- their D2C proposition, reinsurance business which is spread across 60 countries and a white-labelled tech which is even present in the Middle East and used by leading airlines and travel agents!
- Their D2C proposition in ML is focussed on Gen Z and millenials and hence their major workforce are from this generation!
- Their work culture is to keep it 'fun and uncomfortable'...yes, uncomfortable!
- Their laser focus since Rohit took over the business during COVID 2020, their NPS score for the employees has moved from -20 to +20 and the customer NPS score has moved from -14 to +38!
- Moving away from traditional metrics like GWP, NEP, they track 4 key metrics closely- no.of customers added per month, are they buying more products, are they staying longer with Tune Protect and finally, is the average premium growing
- Secret sauce- their digital capabilities and their ability to turn around a product to market in matter of days versus months taken by typical insurers
- their role in Middle East and future plans
- Interesting products such as consignment insurance and 14 variations to travel insurance product!
Send in a voice message: https://anchor.fm/fsbrew/message